etalytics GmbH is a young, award-winning spin-off from the Technical University of Darmstadt with the aim of automating energy management in companies as far as possible using artificial intelligence and thus saving both costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Etalytics develops cloud-based and AI-supported software solutions for the structuring, analysis and optimization of industrial energy systems based on real-time data. The rapidly growing etalytics team cooperates with large industrial companies as well as SMEs and works on numerous research projects.
You are a student and about to graduate?
We are always looking for highly motivated and qualified students to do external Master and Bachelor thesis with us in the area of data science for energy systems, computer science, information systems and electrical engineering.
Possible Research Fields
- Data Science for Energy Systems Analysis & Optimization based on big energy data
- Load Forecasts
- Optimal control of energy systems (approaches based on Machine Learning and Mathematical Optimization)
- Anomaly Detection, Condition Monitoring, Predictive Maintenance
- Recommender Systems
- Auto ML
- Computer / Information Science
- Tools for code analysis in Java/Kotlin
- IoT connectivity and cloud integration with AWS
- Container isolation and lambda functions
Requirements and Qualifications
- Current studies in Computer Science, Information Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, … (or similar)
- for Data Science topics
- First experience with Python and machine learning frameworks (Keras, Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow)
- Fundamental knowledge of physics- and data-based modeling of energy systems
- for Computer/Information Science topics
- Experience with Java or Kotlin and Spring Boot
- First experience with testing and mocking tools (JUnit, Mockito)
- First experience with JPA and SQL databases
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player with great communication skills
- Good time-management skills
What Can You Expect?
You will work in a highly motivated team on current state of the art software and algorithms. During your thesis you gain insights into a modern SaaS startup and will have a great chance to improve your skills together with our experienced team. Motivated and talented students have the chance for a subsequent permanent position with growing responsibility and great development opportunities.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then we should get to know each other!
We look forward to receiving your detailed electronic application in PDF format sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.