etalytics GmbH is a young, award-winning spin-off from the Technical University of Darmstadt with the aim of automating energy management in companies as far as possible using artificial intelligence and thus saving both costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Etalytics develops cloud-based and AI-supported software solutions for the structuring, analysis and optimization of industrial energy systems based on real-time data. The rapidly growing etalytics team cooperates with large industrial companies as well as SMEs and works on numerous research projects.
We are looking for Java or Kotlin Spring Boot software developer interns to join our young and interdisciplinary team to develop backend features in a modern microservice architecture. As a backend developer intern you ideally have first experience with building Rest APIs, working with Spring Data JPA and testing your code with JUnit. You will be implementing and maintaining features from the Rest API down to the persistence layer. We value a clear and testable software design and are looking for candidates sharing these values. You will be communicating with the team about requirements and discuss technical solutions.
- Designing and documenting Rest endpoints
- Implementing backend features
- Writing automated tests with JUnit and Mockito
- Communicating with development team about requirements
- Extend CI/CD pipelines and deploy software in the cloud
Requirements and Qualifications
- First experience with Java or Kotlin and Spring Boot
- Current or completed studies in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- First experience with RESTful services
- First experience with testing and mocking tools (JUnit, Mockito)
- First experience with JPA and SQL databases
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player with great communication skills
- Good time-management skills
What Can You Expect?
You will work in a highly motivated team on our etaONE energy intelligence platform and etaEDGE IoT gateway. This internship gives you insights into a modern SaaS startup and is a great chance to improve your Java/Kotlin and software design skills together with our experienced backend team. Furthermore, you will learn to develop CI/CD pipelines and gain experience with AWS cloud services. Motivated and talented interns have the chance for a subsequent permanent position with growing responsibility and great development opportunities.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then we should get to know each other!
We look forward to receiving your detailed electronic application in PDF format sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.